MacKimmie Complex and Professional Faculties Building Redevelopment | ?m | 15s | U of C | DIALOG

Preferably UofC should have never been established in the Suburbs. Just frustrating to see. Victoria Park would've been a great location. I really hope one day if UofC gets big enough, like UBC or UofT, it opens a proper 2nd campus somewhere like West Village.

The University campus itself is fine for the most part, and with these new buildings, and the proximity to University District, it's kicked up a notch. The location of the campus is the biggest detractor for it having an urban vibe, but it's progressing decently considering.
It's real gap is overly car-orientated accessibility - the campus itself is super walkable, just surrounded by parking lots - but there's hope on that front in the long run with most redevelopment moves nearby (minus Crowchild's expansion).

More density and more urban-scale developments are springing up all around. Another 20 - 40 years and we might get there.

1962:
1633549701000.png

1988 (a year after C-Train opened):
1633549814986.png

2020:
1633549851483.png

They could build more in the green space by the Ctrain, but that wouldn't really make much of a difference.

Simplisticly from looking at the map, looks like there is land available for 3-5 pretty large scale buildings next to the C-train station. Does anyone know why there's no development there? Is there a massive setback for Crowchild Trail expansion?

Simplisticly from looking at the map, looks like there is land available for 3-5 pretty large scale buildings next to the C-train station. Does anyone know why there's no development there? Is there a massive setback for Crowchild Trail expansion?
I’m not the most rehearsed in this but I do know that a new Science and Innovation Centre is planned in the near future. The picture provided on the project page shows a area similar to the land your talking about. Perhaps they may finally build something in that area?

I’m not the most rehearsed in this but I do know that a new Science and Innovation Centre is planned in the near future. The picture provided on the project page shows a area similar to the land your talking about. Perhaps they may finally build something in that area?
Is there a link to the project page?

Back