Highcliffe Riverfront | 72m | 24s | Great Gulf | architectsAlliance

Hi All,
I Knew that Great Gulf had Bought the YWCA Site a While Back. Read recently that the YWCA will B Developing a Site over in Inglewood, This Looks to B very Interesting for Inglewood. if I'm correct Great Gulf has plans for 4 or 5 Towers on the YWCA Site. Apts or Condos? Not Sure but I believe its Condos off Hand.

Tnx,
Oerater.

Hi All,
I Knew that Great Gulf had Bought the YWCA Site a While Back. Read recently that the YWCA will B Developing a Site over in Inglewood, This Looks to B very Interesting for Inglewood. if I'm correct Great Gulf has plans for 4 or 5 Towers on the YWCA Site. Apts or Condos? Not Sure but I believe its Condos off Hand.

Tnx,
Oerater.
I'm sure Great Gulf has plans for their YWCA site, but they are probably on the backburner until the Highcliffe is done, and that one is still a ways off.

Anyone know what the status of this project is? Last I heard, a G.C. was planning to build a sales centre but that was back in January. Since then ... nothing.

The delay is a sure sign that the inner city condo market is still very depressed.

I’ve never bumped a thread before, but curious if this has any life or if it is dead in the water. Really like the look of these towers. Wonder if they can build them as rentals. I thought Great Gulf would have built something by now with all their proposals in this area but no signs of life.

Building purpose rentals is not their business model. They are a single family and condo builder. So I would say until the condo market improves (right now it could not be worse), there is no life in their Calgary projects.

It's too bad this one isn't going ahead anytime soon, it'd be a great addition to a CBD that could use more residential.

I’ve never bumped a thread before, but curious if this has any life or if it is dead in the water. Really like the look of these towers. Wonder if they can build them as rentals. I thought Great Gulf would have built something by now with all their proposals in this area but no signs of life.
Agreed. These are some nice towers. Someday if the market picks up and it goes ahead, hopefully the design stays the same

Macleod Trail+4th Avenue Highcliffe.jpg

This would be the lott across from the previously proposed project by Henriquez+Partners.

Yes, that's another Great Gulf proposal. A concept at least a decade from fruition.

Back