Highcliffe Riverfront | 72m | 24s | Great Gulf | architectsAlliance

This was widely discussed on SSP like 4 years ago. I'm surprised everyone here is so... surprised... about this one.

I don't remember this being at SSP, but I haven't been there for much over the last two years. I stopped going there early 2016.

Edit. Call me dumb, as I took a look and sure enough it was there on SSP, and posted by none other than myself April 17, 2015 lol.

Last edited:
I wish the towers were 15% slimmer and taller. I don't mind the podium. It's very monotonous. That's fine for Toronto which has an abundance of varied retail streetscapes throughout its downtown. They need to try a little harder here.

I don't remember this being at SSP, but I haven't been there for much over the last two years. I stopped going there early 2016.

Edit. Call me dumb, as I took a look and sure enough it was there on SSP, and posted by none other than myself April 17, 2015 lol.

Or you blocked it all from memory which shows wisdom.

Haha yes exactly :p It has been widely available to the public for three years now.

I wish the towers were 15% slimmer and taller. I don't mind the podium. It's very monotonous. That's fine for Toronto which has an abundance of varied retail streetscapes throughout its downtown. They need to try a little harder here.
Would the proximity to the river limit the height? And if that is the case, you have to make up the FAR by going wider.

I think a lot of us were aware of this project, but just assumed it had gone stale. News of a sales centre is exciting for sure.

Great Gulf trolls you at the site, as for the last few years (since they purchased the land) they've had a billboard up there showing three of their much taller GTA area condos. Still fools me every now and then.

Ah so this isn't the YWCA one. I second just about everything that was said. It looks pretty cool. It could be slimmer. It could be taller. And yes we were trolled by their billboards.

I'll take it though. It's miles ahead of anything else in it's immediate vicinity and it's killing an empty lot to boot.

Agree. At 24 storeys they have to pretty close to the shadowing limit.
I would guess it would be right up around that mark. Riverfront Pointe is 20 floors, and probably just makes it under the shadow bylaw.

Image33.jpg

Attachments

• Image33.jpg
    Image33.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 636
From the little reading I did I noticed that the Bylaw says no building can cast a shadow 20m wide or greater on the bow river ...
I wonder if they slimmed it down to make a thinner shadow they could get away with having it taller.
That's kinda slimy though, idk.

Weird, I didn't know the shadow bylaw was about width. The next new tallest can have a spire on top!

Back