UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Right across from SAIT...

fullsizeoutput_3709.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3708.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3707.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3706.jpeg

Where is this going? The only cleared site across from SAIT is the one next to Carl’s Jr, no?
I’m having trouble placing this.

I don't think they're empty yet. They are rundown for sure, and won't be around forever, but last time i went pas there they were still occupied.

Awesome project, I hope it happens. As far as I can tell it'll be the tallest building ever north of 16th Avenue (outside of Banff Trail, University, Brentwood and Dalhousie developments). Remarkable how few apartment buildings the city has outside the core from earlier areas of development.

I think the Clarion, Coast hotel and Best Western (all in the NE) are taller than this, and all north of 16.

I think the Clarion, Coast hotel and Best Western (all in the NE) are taller than this, and all north of 16.
Fair, still a mighty large slice of the city with nothing of any height. There's like 6 buildings over 5 stories in the stretch north of Sarcee Tr NW - Crowchild - 16th Avenue N (Excluding Brentwood and a few others right along Crowchild). 400,000 people live there (2019). This one building will increasing the % of "tall" buildings in that area by 20% :)

Not a lot of tall buildings in the north central area (between Crowchild and Deerfoot and north of 16th. There are a couple along centre street north of 16th that are 5 floors. Catalyst if Built would be 6 floors. This would help set some precedents and maybe raise the bar so to speak.

Back