Era | 41.15m | 13s | Minto

The tallest buildings in each Bridgeland and Kensington under construction at the same damn time 😍🥰

As someone who lives in Bridgeland, I don't think having access to groceries is that much of a problem. We have two small grocers (Bridgeland Market and Luke's) for a lot of daily/speciality items, and then Blush Lane that acts as a medium-sized grocer within walking distance. You also have the farmers market in the summers one a week. So there are ways to get groceries. The main issue is that all of these places are on the pricey side.

If you're like us, you drive to the bigger groceries stores every week or two (and you'd need to drive anyway if you're getting a lot of stuff) and then supplement with the locals the other days. Yes, it would be nice to have something a bit more affordable to shop at, but in general, I find the issue is a bit overblown.

Here's hoping. The thing I wonder about is that Era is closer to the EV Superstore as it is to the central part of the Bridges area.
Even though EV is actually closer to Era than the Bridges, the walk over to the Bridges is far more pedestrian friendly.. Also as Disco Stu Mentioned, there is also Blush Lane and Luke's. Lukes is across the street and Blush Lanes is a block away. It would be nice to have a large, cheap bulk type place, but it's not overly needed right now.

Even though EV is actually closer to Era than the Bridges, the walk over to the Bridges is far more pedestrian friendly.. Also as Disco Stu Mentioned, there is also Blush Lane and Luke's. Lukes is across the street and Blush Lanes is a block away. It would be nice to have a large, cheap bulk type place, but it's not overly needed right now.
I think this is grocery store in Bridgeland discussion is fascinating, as I count 3 grocery stores (Lukes, Blush Lane and Superstore) along this fastest route from ERA to Superstore. Personal thoughts on the quality of the walk aside, I struggle to draw a walking line of 3 grocery stores in under 1km anywhere else in the city (perhaps a power centre with 3 box stores in a line?)

Jokes aside, I don't see a future of Bridgeland (at least the part near this development) of ever having better grocery store access than it currently does - perhaps even less if Blush Lane goes out of business from Superstore competition, which I assume is highly possible.

I might eat my words sooner than I think, but my guess would be Bridgeland would need 20,000 - 30,000 people - like Beltline size - to attract another grocery within it (it's population is 6,835 in 2019). Short of some wildly unexpected, major shopping developing coming in right near the St Georges Drive interchange in some alternative future, I don't see it happening.

1599787189373.png

any idea of the location?

Precisely where it's been since it was proposed several years ago 🤣

Oh lmfao! Yeah that won't be happening in our lifetimes. The neighbourhood already has walkable access to three grocery options. I'm shocked you thought a grocery store was just starting construction out of nowhere, on a thread for a building that we have known is imminently starting for months. Slow start to the week man?

Sorry for sounding like a dick there. Thought about my previous comment again and was thinking 🤔 didn't need to be so sarcastic.😘

Back