Era | 41.15m | 13s | Minto

That"s incredible! I was sure this was going to be a vacant lot for 10+ years. Good to see it move forward.

Calgary's first Minto development! Nice! I like their stuff, a lot like Battistella.

Calgary's first Minto development! Nice! I like their stuff, a lot like Battistella.
I think this is technically not correct. While this will be their first large scale project, Minto bought the Applewood Estates apartments next to Marlborough LRT. With their ownership, they build this new set of townhouses on the property:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0580...4!1sm-9wbqkYuvNf2kh69BRpHA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

don't mean to be nitpicky, just making sure people know about their other project.

Minto is a sizable developer. They are closer to Bosa or Qualex in both quality and scale.

I really like the townhomes. The tower looks good but, it will come down to the finishes.

Minto are now sending out messages to bidders that this project may or may not start this year. They, like other developers with residential projects on hold, are concerned about market conditions for condos in the inner city.

I hate it when this happens. Hopefully we don't have an empty lot for 5-10 years.

I could be wrong, but it seems like this is a Calgary thing...when I go to other Canadian cities I don't see so much underutilized inner city land. Maybe I'm just not looking n the right places.

I hate it when this happens. Hopefully we don't have an empty lot for 5-10 years.

I could be wrong, but it seems like this is a Calgary thing...when I go to other Canadian cities I don't see so much underutilized inner city land. Maybe I'm just not looking n the right places.
Definitely something common in Calgary. You see alot of this in Edmonton too, but you don't this with places like Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal.

Back