Era | 41.15m | 13s | Minto

I like it. Make that glass more transparent and not so reflective, and I might just marry it haha. In regards to the scale, it looks kinda big, but like Discostu said, once a few more buildings like that get built it won't feel big at all. In many other large cities, it's normal to have inner city buildings that tall. I wish something of this scale was built along 14th street in Hillhurst.

Looks great to me...love the overall clean/white contemporary look.

It's a little imposing height wise compared to the rest of the community at the moment (not unlike Meredith Block), but as more development happens around there, it'll feel more natural. That said, I wouldnt be surprised if they're presenting it higher than intended, and will knock off a couple of stories to appease some old ladies.

Even if it ended up at say 10 floors, still a good size and a win win for everyone. I hope they get the 13 floors, but I don't think it needs to be higher than that.

Hey, awesome handle images (1).jpg

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 720
I like it. Make that glass more transparent and not so reflective, and I might just marry it haha. In regards to the scale, it looks kinda big, but like Discostu said, once a few more buildings like that get built it won't feel big at all. In many other large cities, it's normal to have inner city buildings that tall. I wish something of this scale was built along 14th street in Hillhurst.

Something tells me that the render has be gussied up a bit. I bet it won't be that reflective in real life. Kudos to the design team for showing the render in a realistic season rather than some perfectly idealized summer day. I like your idea for 14th street too. It seems like developments north of the river are finally starting to happen, so heres hoping.

Any timeline for this?

I've looked at this building a few more times, and the more I look at it the more i like it. It has a certain kind of international feel to it.

Yeah, I like it too. I doubt the glass will be mirrored like that. White or off-white is a good choice for color, it's never dated.

I saw some construction fencing up at this site :cool: I wonder if they are going ahead? I haven't heard anything about this development for a while.

I doubt there's anything going on with that site, they've had to construction fencing up for a while and I don't recall any equipment being there. All quiet at site .

Just saw the most up to date renders on the previous page - good stuff. Amusing there's retail bays fronting Edm trail? Happy to see a steady stream of midrise construction/proposals. Let's stack Mission/Kensington/Bridgeland/Inglewood/17th ave area etc with midrises and row housing!

Mid rises and row homes are my personal choice. I like the odd tall tower here and there, but the low to mid rise buildings and row homes make the difference. I don't know if you've seen this video Spring, but watching makes one realise low rises and row homes are a great way to go.

Yeah really liking your aerial shots/vids. Impressed as always.

I enjoy working in the financial core but aside from the Beltline, I'd much rather spend time in midrise/lowrise districts like 17th ave, Mission, Kensington, and even Bridgeland
and Inglewood. Tend to do the same in other places I visit. Very often these areas are much more human scale and alive than the highrise districts from my experiences. Anyways off to a pub crawl in Berlin! Later!

Pub crawl in Berlin! Lucky you!

I totally agree with what you're saying about the lower human scale size buildings.
By the way, welcome to SkyriseCities.

Back