Era | 41m | 13s | Minto Group

kebokenf

Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting to see PCL as the contractor for this build. Sign of the times to see a Contractor of this magnitude building condos.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know PCL was bidding on contracts valued in the hundreds of thousands to a couple million during the boom years too. Era is in the tens of millions. This is not a sign of the times. The layoffs are.

Patrick.1980

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new DP has been submitted for Era. I assume it is actually just a minor adjustment to the already approved project:
I wonder if this means things are moving on this? If the project was to be postponed you expect them to sit on things for a while.

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
The DP revision might be for the townhouses that were to fill out the property. I think there was supposed to be 40 of them. Last I heard, Minto wanted to get a shovel in the ground before the end of the this year.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wonder if this means things are moving on this? If the project was to be postponed you expect them to sit on things for a while.
There is movement, it was never in danger.

Patrick.1980

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is movement, it was never in danger.
Agreed. I don't believe it was in danger overall as a project, but with Covid hitting and the state of the economy it wouldn't have been surprising to see it sit longer. Glad this is going ahead, it'll be a big boost to that part of Bridgeland...maybe enough of boost to drawn attention of full sized grocers.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's gonna be pretty outstanding to have 4 high-rises (35 meters+) in Bridgeland under construction at the same time.