Elva | 18m | 5s | Wexford Developments

Pretty sure it's one lot east of the intersection at 25 Ave and 4 Street SW.

Image11.jpg

Live down the street from this, mission is putting up plenty of lowrise projects the neighbourhood is still maturing nicely in the downturn, good to see.
Mission will never be done until the Holy Cross Centre get's redeveloped. It alone is about 20% of the neighbourhood, smack in the middle of it with decaying towers fronting onto large surface parking lots. It still has some health care and affiliated services run out of it, but it's designed for about 4x the activity than it probably has given the nearly permanently empty parking lots. You'd add 1,000 units on this site alone (and still likely be able to preserve most existing functions).

Last edited:
Mission will never be done until the Holy Cross Centre get's redeveloped. It's alone is about 20% of the neighbourhood, smack in the middle of it with decaying towers fronting onto large surface parking lots. It still has some health care and affiliated services run out of it, but it's designed for about 4x the activity than it probably has given the nearly permanently empty parking lots. You'd add 1,000 units on this site alone (and still likely be able to preserve most existing functions).
Couldn't agree more. My old apartment used to look over that site and I literally felt like I spent my time trying to create a site plan for it that could adaptively re-use some of the buildings. It is an incredibly prime, riverfront site in Mission that is so underutilized it is astounding that the landlord/owner hasn't done a feasibility study on what it could be.

This one has its permits and an excavator is on site. Looks like it is breaking ground immediately. Concrete construction, which is strange for a 5 story building, but Wexford Developments is known for high end buildings. Centron is the general contractor.

Back