Eisenberg | ?m | 3s | NORR

Nothing has changed with the project. Still the same footprint and still going ahead. A few things still getting worked out before it’s gets going.

The Hillhurst Hardware store appears to be permanently closed now (at least it has been the last few times I've been by there). I'm wondering if the hardware store has sold out to the developer and they're now in the process of consolidating the parcels and expanding the scale of the proposed development?

What time are you going by? They keep pretty retail unfriendly hours, but that isn't their bread and butter clientele anyways.

What time are you going by? They keep pretty retail unfriendly hours, but that isn't their bread and butter clientele anyways.

Ya, you're right on that one. I went by yesterday and the hardware store was open so there goes my brilliant theory.

Ya, you're right on that one. I went by yesterday and the hardware store was open so there goes my brilliant theory.

There was a survey/soil sampling team from JASA geotechnical engineers on the site yesterday. Presumably to finalize the foundation design. Still looks good for this one to go ahead soon.

Yikes, yeah that would suck. A fifty meter stretch of prime street front consisting of two banks side by side o_O
Banks are a bigger problem when we only have 10ish kilometres of dense, walkable mainstreets for them to choose from. Let's re-urbanize Kensington Road from Crowchild to 10th Street SW and open some capacity. They would never be able to take all the good retail spots then :)

Speaking of re-urbanizing Kensington Rd, is there any realistic way to "fix" the south side of Kensington Rd west of 14th? All those single detached homes with their backs to K Rd. It's always frustrating driving past them.

Speaking of re-urbanizing Kensington Rd, is there any realistic way to "fix" the south side of Kensington Rd west of 14th? All those single detached homes with their backs to K Rd. It's always frustrating driving past them.
Where is Napoleon when you need him.

That is going to be a serious challenge because you have an internal community street on the other side... It really is too back because Kensington road is starting to build out with some decent projects in some areas but this section seems destined to keep it's back turned to the street.

Back