Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters

123042512_385781905887867_4261493447861106640_n.jpg

Approaching evil CIDEX MEGACORP HQ...

123042512_385781905887867_4261493447861106640_n.jpg

Last edited:
What? Please tell me that's not permanent...
It is definitely permanent and a design choice they made.

UPDATE based on responses: Obviously I do not want it to be a choice they made, but when I was looking at it from below it seemed pretty clear some of the different coloured panels at the top seemed to be finished and of a different colour. Hoping I am wrong, but don't think I am at this time.

Last edited:
There is no way that is a design choice. It took them a year to have glass delivered, I imagine it will take a long time to have replacement pieces delivered as well.

I just died inside. That can't possibly be a f*#&$cking design choice. These guys have destroyed our amazing skyline.

I walked by this piece of shit in person last night for the first time. What a disgrace. Everything about it is even more hideous in person. The whole area is a dump and this tower has only made it feel worse. The podium is unforgivable and finding out now that the crown has those white squares as a permanent feature makes this an utter failure. This might possibly be the worst tower complex in the country.

It is definitely permanent and a design choice they made
Well that is quite an unsettling statement, so I pulled out my old hand held camera with an 18x optical zoom, and did my best to hold it steady. Probably not the best lighting, nor the steadiest hand, but here is what I could get a picture of:
West Village Closeup 001.JPG

West Village Closeup 005.JPG

West Village Closeup 007.JPG

West Village Closeup 011.JPG

From what I can see, that is still the exposed insulation panels, waiting for spandrel. Except maybe the last picture, which appears to show a tan piece in the middle of the row, which might be proof that Calgouver is correct.... I am trying to be optimistic that Cidex wouldn`t make such an objectively bad design choice, so fingers crossed.

Back