Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Just wait until the hoarding is down and all of that dark spandrel is in your face right next to all that tan paneling. ? Look away!

What the hell is that black wall of spandrel in the last pic? Talk about killing a project. The actual tower I quite like (shape and even the glazing). I hate the podium and all the spandrel. It would have looked amazing with vision glass (would have made the tower appear as if it were floating). If the crown looks like the podium we are screwed!

fullsizeoutput_471c.jpeg

*gooped* That spandrel is f%*^&$cking hideous! What the hell heappened?!

a07e04a7d1c1c834048c23bff6c3f486.gif

I'm perplexed. I don't mind the tower, but the podium looks like a fugly industrial building. What's really unfortunate is this will be on display long after we are gone, unless the City decides to build something on that corner of Millennium Park.

What the hell is that black wall of spandrel in the last pic? Talk about killing a project. The actual tower I quite like (shape and even the glazing). I hate the podium and all the spandrel. It would have looked amazing with vision glass (would have made the tower appear as if it were floating). If the crown looks like the podium we are screwed!
Agree completely. Actually the few photos of the crown back a few pages scares the crap out of me. The structural gymnastics etc is frightening. I just look at it and beads of non-covid sweat start forming on my brow.

Haha. Nothing would have been preferable in this case, Robert.

Back