• So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
A7730A11-B417-42A2-AA5D-BF03685ED6CC.jpeg

It appears they are prepping the crown for opaque spandrel as they are putting up lots of metal framing in very close proximity.

It's likely all mechanical in there, so spandrel is to be expected. Just make it nice spandrel!

It'll be the same shitty spandrel they've used everywhere else on this tower. As such, I've lost hope on this one. If the rationale is "because mechanical is behind it," that's a really stupid reason to aesthetically ruin a tower that is extremely prominent in the skyline. I'd rather it be vision glass and see the mech stuff than some garbage spandrel.

True. I'm still hoping (against hope) for a miracle in that only the east (lower) side of the crown will be mechanical-"protecting" spandrel, and that the more prominent western peak side will be vision glass as clearly shown in the renders. If not, Cidex loses what little respect they had left from me.

It'll be the same shitty spandrel they've used everywhere else on this tower. As such, I've lost hope on this one. If the rationale is "because mechanical is behind it," that's a really stupid reason to aesthetically ruin a tower that is extremely prominent in the skyline. I'd rather it be vision glass and see the mech stuff than some garbage spandrel.
Vision glass allows too much heat through as you can't insulate behind it, and it wouldn't look any better. It will be spandrel or cladding, 100%

It would look immeasurably better.

But at least some useful information is that it will be 100% spandrel so I can just give up hope on this piece of shit once and for all. ?

Back