Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Yup. If the spandrel is dark...dark gray or dark blue, I think it'll be fine, even if it was bright white it'd be fine. 'Aura tower' gray, not so much.

I'm imagining the entire crown as the blueish grey spandrel they're using on the tower thus far, and it's a rough thought.

I'm imagining the entire crown as the blueish grey spandrel they're using on the tower thus far, and it's a rough thought.

It’s a rough thought but I’d say switching to something else for the crown would be worse wouldn’t it? At least if it’s the same as between the floors it’ll blend.

Or they could just use vision glass, as rendered, which is obviously the only desirable option.

49195673521_e213136713_b.jpg

from www.flickr.com/photos/pushingphotons/49195673521/sizes/l/

The roof's profile in post #828 looks weird. I can't recall seeing anything like it on a tower this slim. Maybe I just have to get use to it or there is a good reason I've never seen it before.

Do you guys think the window washing crane retracts all the way behind the wall?

Amazing picture.

The window washing crane will slot in and tuck itself away when not in use (and once construction is complete).
The two level area immediately beneath the crane deck will be vision glass and should look pretty incredible.

The tower crane is at it's highest point as someone had mentioned, there is no upper tieback. The glazing is installed from the inside

That's a relief. I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of spandrel around the concrete core though. Hopefully it compliments the glass like it seems to with the rest of the tower. I'm not sure we'll ever see another crown as horrible as Nuera. At least I hope we never do.

So were they just putting in the adjustable section for the crane on the second tower the other week when it was dismantled a bit?

Back