• So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
EFFECTS.jpg

If they go all-spandrel at the top, I will probably stroke out from anger.

So our skyline is basically just ruined then, essentially. Way to go, Cidex.

I think some of you guys might be being a bit harsh on this project (although it’s somewhat warranted based on the Hat). Regardless of cladding, I think the oblique angles of the MPH on this one really add some formal interest to the skyline, as we don’t have many angular shaped buildings right now. I don’t even mind the podium - the textured aluminum panel looks pretty good for what it is.

I sort of agree, Art, but is the beautiful angular crown is completely clad in hideous grey-blue spandrel, then it will essentially ruin the entire tower's presence in the skyline. As the tower completely dominates the western side of the skyline, it will have potential to ruin the whole skyline (since there are gonna be three of these potential shitspires).

I sort of agree, Art, but is the beautiful angular crown is completely clad in hideous grey-blue spandrel, then it will essentially ruin the entire tower's presence in the skyline. As the tower completely dominates the western side of the skyline, it will have potential to ruin the whole skyline (since there are gonna be three of these potential shitspires).
Yup. If the spandrel is dark...dark gray or dark blue, I think it'll be fine, even if it was bright white it'd be fine. 'Aura tower' gray, not so much.

Back