Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Yes, I'm sorry I've been watching it for the past week and there has been no change. I think I simply noticed something last week that I hadn't before. Sorry for the false alarm - but I have my eyes trained to it now and you'll all be the first to know when there is!

Not loving the glass on this one so far, too much going on and no cohesion to the design. Hard to get a great impression with only a few floors up so far though.
The orange tarps covering the doorways are really throwing me off right now- looks very messy right now. I think it will (hopefully) look better without that awkward splash of colour messing with the current glass color palate.

That being said, I am not super fond of the glass materials alone. I still think the project will look good even with a mediocre cladding- the crown is interesting, the height is nice, adding to the skyline on the west end is nice. Hard to be mad about it overall even if the glass turns out poor.

My biggest problem with this is not the glass but the cladding of the podium. The grey cladding is absolutely disgusting and the design of the podium is even worse. Im already looking forward to the re-clad. The tower itself is not too bad seeing how the podium turned out but the building doesn't visually sync together from bottom to top.

ya, rather than using the podium to make 9th ave better they used 9th ave as an excuse to totally flake out on the podium. inner city one way streets are the worst.

Back