Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
I'm almost a boomer myself, so most people I know are in their 40's or 50's, however my children are 20 and 23 years old, and they are all about the downtown life. My 23 year old is renting, but thinking about buying a condo at some point. I've also noticed their friends are the same way.
When I was their age I had no interest in living in a place like the Beltline, Bridgeland or Inglewood. Back in the early 90's they weren't particularly nice neighborhoods, even Sunnyside wasn't great. Everyone I knew aspired to buy a starter home in place like Martindale or Temple, with aspirations of trading up to a neighborhood like Douglasdale, Strathcona or Edgemont, etc.. Lots still do, and there's nothing wrong with that of course. In my youth nobody I knew planned on living downtown or inner city, it was kind of unheard of. Of course inner city Calgary has vastly improved in the last 25 years.A lot has changed.

Unfortunately I don't have a pic, but unless I'm mistaken, they are starting to erect the structural steel for the crown.

It is the concrete pump you probably saw, not structural steel. From this morning:
IMG_20190525_074643083.jpg

Yup, definitely! :p Sorry for the false alarm :p

I heard from a buddy that’s working on the project that glazing is going up June 25th and the second tower is starting next month.
With the second tower starting next month it appears they will top out the first building then move the crews over to the top build the next one. Maybe by the time the 2nd building is done they might start the 3rd?

With the second tower starting next month it appears they will top out the first building then move the crews over to the top build the next one. Maybe by the time the 2nd building is done they might start the 3rd?
That's the ideal scenario for developers and their contractors, and is quite typical of smaller multi building developments. Whether there is a market for all 3 of these towers (with all the construction activity going on these days especially) remains to be seen.

If construction is going to start next month, they should have their BP in place already, can anyone verify?

That's the ideal scenario for developers and their contractors, and is quite typical of smaller multi building developments. Whether there is a market for all 3 of these towers (with all the construction activity going on these days especially) remains to be seen.

If construction is going to start next month, they should have their BP in place already, can anyone verify?
Don’t they have a BP already. They started the second tower and stopped when the podium was finished.

Don’t they have a BP already. They started the second tower and stopped when the podium was finished.
Not necessarily. The BP could have been strictly the first phase which included the first five floors of the second tower (because it looks like its part of the podium).

I also hear whispers of a height increase on tower 2 - this would probably trigger a DP rev though???

With the way the site is arranged currently, there is no chance of tower 3 starting any time soon. probably 1+ year of excavation + foundation/parkade work before the tower and no indication they are ripping up that hill this year.

I hope we see some windows soon !!!!!!!! I don;t care about spandrel % so long as the colors are correct

I also hear whispers of a height increase on tower 2 - this would probably trigger a DP rev though???
The "appetite" for units in close proximity to CO-OP can't be satiated apparently... MOAR UNITS NAO ;)

4 distinct urban clusters are forming in Beltline and areas adjacent which is cool:
  • Tompkins Park Canadian Tire Urban Hub: for those that love dense, always busy, and arguably as "big city" as we have gotten so far
  • CO-OP Grocery Zone: all I want is grocery access and urban life. Full stop.
  • 1st Street SW "Little Toronto": classy, downtown-focused, high end cocktails with fashionable people wandering around in expensive clothes
  • MacLeod Trail Twin Alley: Downtown lifestyle is great! Big Towers and Big Roads! Am I doing this urban thing right? Think of the money I can make airBnbing during Stampede!

The "appetite" for units in close proximity to CO-OP can't be satiated apparently... MOAR UNITS NAO ;)

4 distinct urban clusters are forming in Beltline and areas adjacent which is cool:
  • Tompkins Park Canadian Tire Urban Hub: for those that love dense, always busy, and arguably as "big city" as we have gotten so far
  • CO-OP Grocery Zone: all I want is grocery access and urban life. Full stop.
  • 1st Street SW "Little Toronto": classy, downtown-focused, high end cocktails with fashionable people wandering around in expensive clothes
  • MacLeod Trail Twin Alley: Downtown lifestyle is great! Big Towers and Big Roads! Am I doing this urban thing right? Think of the money I can make airBnbing during Stampede!
I would agree there are definite zones, hit the nail on the head with the McLeod section, haha.

It's not the beltline but I would add 4th St. South into Mission as another cluster with it's feel.

Back