Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Apologies for the poor quality cellphone pic, but I caught some of the lighting element that will highlight the crown, lighting up the mechanical grilles.
View attachment 292825
Is it just me or does this feel like a big personalized F-U to all of us critics lol. Why on earth would you highlight just that section of the building...

00-DSC_9218.JPG

00-DSC_9229a.JPG

Last edited:
Hadn’t noticed until walking by yesterday because I usually squint or look away. The balcony slabs will also have “spandrel” edge.

My wife pointed out yesterday and questioned why they started at some random floor. Well dear, let me tell you a little bit about Cidex...

Looks like no progress on them has happened in a month since they did two.

6E720AD2-B5B3-433C-B933-021C7242C8F6.jpeg

Such a great opportunity lost with the crown. Should have been mostly glass and lit at night.

IMG_1339.jpg

Drove by this again and the podium is a total train wreck!!
Ya, people seem to keep finding redeeming qualities on this one but I personally think the podium is the worst I have seen on a modern tower in Canada. Please feel free to find me one that is worse but right now this is truly the worst podium design I have ever seen. I challenge you, Skyrise, to find me a worse podium built post-2005 in Canada haha.

Ya, people seem to keep finding redeeming qualities on this one but I personally think the podium is the worst I have seen on a modern tower in Canada. Please feel free to find me one that is worse but right now this is truly the worst podium design I have ever seen. I challenge you, Skyrise, to find me a worse podium built post-2005 in Canada haha.
Why don't you just tell us to go play the Lotta. Probably will have better odds of winning that than finding a shittier podium. 😒

The funny part about the podium is that you can tell the architects tried really hard to make something fancy and unique. Meanwhile Curtis Block on the other side of downtown went with a simple rectangle design that looks 100x better than this junk. The part that hurts about this is that this podium will forever be a stain on our City, my great-grandchildren will have to witness this crime. At best it may get a reclad 50 years from now but that monstrous design is irreversible unless they remove a car lane, extend the sidewalk out and build a new podium outwards.

Last edited:

Back