Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Any brave graffiti artists want to climb up there and cover it in a mural?

Oh hey, I found some free and prominent wall space for the BLM mural they want to put over the Doves mural at the old CUPS!
Like that. I was also thinking about a brave artist doing the same for the HUB. Prominent, can be seen from all sides, from a distance, and may help further animate the facades.....

We have all these murals at street level, and all of these crowns as just plainly lit surfaces (aside from City Center's led displays). Does any city have a skyscraper with its crown covered in a mural?

At minimum if they wanted to black spandrel the whole thing, they could have at least done a bare minimum...kept the angular thing going...and mounted a large scale diagrid of thin LED light bars over the spandrel to do something. Surely they could have found a few dollars from somewhere else in the project to shift up there.

We have all these murals at street level, and all of these crowns as just plainly lit surfaces (aside from City Center's led displays). Does any city have a skyscraper with its crown covered in a mural?

At minimum if they wanted to black spandrel the whole thing, they could have at least done a bare minimum...kept the angular thing going...and mounted a large scale diagrid of thin LED light bars over the spandrel to do something. Surely they could have found a few dollars from somewhere else in the project to shift up there.
From Weburbanist.com, it appears there are some bold artists/climbers out there
large-murals-kobra-niemeyer-1-468x311.jpg
Large-Murals-Asias-Tallest-1.jpg
Large-Murals-Toronto-1-468x311.jpg

I'm going to assume that's for the 3rd tower.
I spoke to one of the tower crane company guys the other day (my son was pretty excited to see the big mamoett crane arrive on site, so we took a bike ride over to check it out). Apparently the tower crane for the east tower was hit by lightening a couple of months ago, and damage was done to some of its equipment. It has been able to operate (but degrading ever day) since the incident, but needed repairs. The big mobile crane was busy up at the Shell upgrader, and could only be brought to site this week. Using it to take down and repair the tower crane, then put it back up.

No word on the timeline for tower 3. I am torn. On the one hand, it would be nice to see the whole project completed, especially the Stephen Ave side to inject some more retail and clean up that atrocious sidewalk/block. On the other, if it is delayed a really long time, we might get a redesign and a better outcome for the tower/crown.....

Back