Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Jesus! Could this be the beginnings of the next cycle?

Each tower on its own is OK, but I don't like the urban form of the project as a whole. That's my own bias showing, I don't care for multitower projects.

It'll be nice to at least see something at the street level though. Hopefully they build the entire podium.

If they aren't building all three at once, as Alex YYC suggested they are, I did hear when the project was first announced that the main 150 meter tower would be built first. However, I'd love to see all three go ahead at the same time. This will be a massive density boost to the core, capable of housing around 1500 people in the 575 units.

For the Cidex project, I have been told the first phase is parking, podium and 41 storey tower at the corner of 9th Ave and 11th Street. Phase 2 is tower (forget the height) at the corner of 9th Ave and 10th Street. 3rd and final phase is middle tower along 8th Ave.

For the Cidex project, I have been told the first phase is parking, podium and 41 storey tower at the corner of 9th Ave and 11th Street. Phase 2 is tower (forget the height) at the corner of 9th Ave and 10th Street. 3rd and final phase is middle tower along 8th Ave.

Where did you hear the floor count? I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

From someone at Cidex. My company was involved with the East Village project for a small portion, and I was asking them about this one, partially concerned about how soon I would lose my mountain view ;). The person told me 41 storeys. Can't remember if they said floor counts for the other towers. I wouldn't necessarily take it as gospel, it was a pretty informal conversation. If you want the official height and floor count, I would suggest looking up the DP.

That is crazy. Not that I'm complaining, but that's what I would call very aggressive in this economy.

3 tower is pretty damn aggressive. The economic situation hasn't driven down investment so it actually works in the favour of rental construction.

I'm continually surprised at how investment keeps going despite the economy. One thing that does appear to be happening is rental units are getting rented. Not at lightning speed, but it's happening. I was talking to the folks at Versus, and they are filling units.

Back