Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
At last glance, the flooring for the residential building of the Marriot was above the podium so it looks like it is a go. There are two more that are being seriously evaluated as we speak ... Stadium Shopping Centre and Citizen (in the Beltline).
I'm going past there the Marriott later, I'll snap some pics.

Which one is Citizen? I don't think we have a thread for it on here.

Oh the one that supposedly looks like a high-rise prison a-la Edmonton's 'Hendrix'. Okay. Well I could certainly go without that one being built.

I saw fencing up and an excavator at one of the houses at the Citizen site recently.

West Village Tower site - anything going on here?

This was mentioned about West Village Towers a couple of days ago.

So I've heard the BP for this one is back in the city, Cidex will probably start "value engineering" this project, so I imagine there will be changes from the original design, but it sounds like they want it to go ahead this year.

Hi Group,

I realize the TWO PROJECTS on BOTH SIDES of 9th Ave S W are a ways Off Yet but I could Go with Both as Its a shot in the Arm as such for the Wets End or, "West Village" as they want to call it. I will B Interested to see where Metro Ford Goes t0. I have Bought Trucks from Metro, the Small Ford Rangers. Working Courier I used to see a Lot of Developement Opportunities With all the Empty Lots between 8th Sts and 11th Sts and between 5th and 9th Ave. Its an Areas I could Watch and Grow Like East Village. Its My Belief that a l ot of the Smaller Bldgs are on the Way Out on Favour of High Rise Office or Condo Developement.. I will B Following the "Kirby Redevelopement/Relocation" as Well. Just My Observations from Working DT and What I Know and See etc.

Tnx,
Operater

Last edited:
Do they need a permit for short term construction vehicle storage - I doubt it. But the world is awash in money, chasing returns, and if you can build cheaper now, it might just pay off. Hard assets in Canada are hard to find.

Hi Group,

Any One still remember that Yellow House, West on 8th Ave.S.W. Sat there for Years by 10th St. Think it still there. Have to Wonder Who now Owns all that Land. Interesting to say the Least.

Tnx,
Operater.

Back