Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
About as maximum disappointment as is possible in 2021 given what we know about cities, density and design.

I assume that's a weird carport pull in? Because the two lane semi-trailer loading alley isn't enough? I would have preferred a rain protective awning and 3x the width of the sidewalk leading to the tower entrance over the strange carport. That small detail would have solved the inevitable congestion of people - many unloading from cars, many walking with others, many carrying objects, many pushing strollers - who will forever be forced together in an unnecessary pinch point so the occasional semi-truck can sail down the alley.

This whole thing seems designed by someone who has never imagined walking anywhere. All the more odd because walking distance to amenities is the location's main advantage.

This complex is a fail in every category. Kind of wish it was still a car dealership. At least with that you could always have hope for something better…now there is zero hope for the next 70-100 years.
Same, that's my view whenever someone counter argues with, "at least it's better than having a ...(dealership, parking lot, etc)." Rarely is that ever the case with permanent developments like this. This is why the poor vibrancy in parts of our downtown is practically unfixable. A crappy half-a-block scaled midrise can be bearable because there's hope that something better may come around in our lifetime. But, not with something like this. I'd rather stick with dead zones than see atrocious developments like this. The extra density and extention of our skyline are the only good things to come out of this.

Unpopular opinion here, but I’d still rather this than the car dealership and hope of something better in the future. The design fails on many points, but overall it adds 600 to 800 people into the area as well as some retail.
If 9th Ave ever becomes a two way street then a better podium it could make a difference but the location as it is pretty much a write off. I’m happy to have the extra residents to support the nearby areas that aren’t a write off.

We can all agree the podium is a fail, and maybe having it designed by a firm in Dubai was a mistake, as streetscapes and pedestrian realms aren't a thing there. When you walk around any newer part of Dubai, you get a lot of this To be honest, 9th ave as a 4 lane, one directional expressway bothers me more than this podium.
As long as we don't get a podium like this along 17th ave or Mission, Kensington etc...I won't be losing any sleep.

I’m a little confused on why someone wouldn’t want to live here. The average renter probably doesn’t have a stick up their butt when it comes to what the outside of their building looks like. If the rental suites live up to the luxury they are marketed as then 95% of people looking for a place to rent/live won’t care if 9th ave is too busy or the podium isn’t too the liking of the peeps on this site. I’m guessing the developers have the same thoughts as well. Wonder if they ever come on this site and laugh at some of the ridiculous comments. I personally couldn’t care less what the outside of my 40+ story building looks like if it ticks all the boxes and let’s me have some great views. Just my 2 cents worth

Back