Uptown at Westbrook | 37m | 12s | Matco Group | Zeidler

Ya its complete shame that these guys are holding on to land in a such a promising location. Not only is this project a wasted potential of land compared to what the city had visioned out in the redevelopment(full of dense highrises) but on top of that they tried to settle for a soccer field in the short term. Literally every land in the city that had a redevelopment in place over a decade ago is being slowly developed even through this recent economic downturn. Currie, The Bridges, East village, University district etc. all have had some sort of action going on but these guys can't get past excuses and cautious outlooks. Like if your gonna hold on to something for so long u might as well sell it and move on cause clearly it looks like they're waiting for a boom to return where real estate price skyrocket 8% year over year, and that is clearly not happening any time soon. The whole area is just a sitting junkyard with the mall dying day by day. Only spot in our city which literally frustrates me given that it has access to an underground LRT station, I'm sure if they had put up a sales centre they'd get at least 60% sold .

I wouldn't hold your breathe. Matco seems to be really cautious, which sucks because they have two important sites I would like to see move forward (Uptown-Westbrook, Inglewood Brewery) but they don't seem keen to move on either project in the near term.
The caution stems from their last project from 3-4 years ago ..... 1912 Cross (17 Ave SE). I think there are still units for sale there.

The caution stems from their last project from 3-4 years ago ..... 1912 Cross (17 Ave SE). I think there are still units for sale there.
There are still units for sale there. It looked promising at the start, but it's kind of a weird project in that it's cut off from the rest of Inglewood. There is good access to the river, which was one of the selling features, but unfortunately that stretch of river is a homeless hangout. Once there is development on the other side of 17th, things could change.

Back