Votes: 31 66.0%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is becoming one of my favourite streets in the city. Even though not perfect, IMO this is how the beltline should be developed and future high rise nodes. A 1 lane street with enough room for side street parking and pedestrian friendly buildings/podiums (3-6 storeys) with tall highrises setback all tightly built with no gaps, plus some actually trees would be nice not some 6 feet twigs. These sorts of characteristics give a really cozy dense vibe to a street. Can't wait to see the future projects that help complete the street between 14 ave and 17ave!
Redeveloping O'Connors massively under-utilized parking lot would be a big win to stitch together 1st street with 17th Avenue. The streetscape work was well executed here as well, especially with Manhattan lofts - big improvement.

IMG_8746.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8746.JPG
    IMG_8746.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 761
Redeveloping O'Connors massively under-utilized parking lot would be a big win to stitch together 1st street with 17th Avenue. The streetscape work was well executed here as well, especially with Manhattan lofts - big improvement.
Absolutely, those fuckers call parking authority several times a day on cars trying to park in their empty parking lot, we need to utilize that space better!

fullsizeoutput_1af2.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1af2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1af2.jpeg
    753.1 KB · Views: 1,129
I love the black windows on the ground floor but really wished they didn't have a setback for the entrance way

I love the black windows on the ground floor but really wished they didn't have a setback for the entrance way
I kind of like it. Reminds me of the traditional "high street" retail designs that might have been on this site decades ago where the window is next to the sidewalk but the door is tucked away to not disturb the flow of pedestrian traffic every time it opens. I have big hopes for a hip small-format bar with a cozy table/nook right against the window to move into one of these spots.

Back