Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't know https://liveatunderwood.com/

More power to them if they can pull off renting 225 apartments at those prices
It is a very central location but there is lots of rental competition around. Not just purpose rentals but condos that owners are renting out. Also, location in the Beltline is not that much of selling point. No matter where you live, you are never that far from anything.

Last edited:
Looking pretty good! Don't mind this at all. The architectural style differences along this side of the block are lovely.

This is easily becoming my favourite street in Calgary outside of Stephen Ave. Minus the mediocre designs of the towers, the mix of old and new architecture along with efficient use of space is making this area an ideal example of how more streets in our city need to be designed. The Podium on this tower is my favourite part. Can't wait for developers to come in and complete the rest of the street southwards towards 17th ave.

This is easily becoming my favourite street in Calgary outside of Stephen Ave. Minus the mediocre designs of the towers, the mix of old and new architecture along with efficient use of space is making this area an ideal example of how more streets in our city need to be designed. The Podium on this tower is my favourite part. Can't wait for developers to come in and complete the rest of the street southwards towards 17th ave.
Agreed. Pedestrian first design, high density residential, with consistently good street-level interactions is the secret here. We should use 1st Street as the standard - not the exception. Most streets in the Beltline should be this high quality (while adapting to local contexts).

I live near here and if a Co-op moved in somehow on 1st (e.g. into O’Connors or in a new build at 17th and 1st) I would hardly ever travel more than 300m from my apartment.

I hope this type of street presence / design environment + creativity expands south, east and west, including with more active and engage retail and destination typologies. I agree - 1st is one of my favourite streets in the city now. More of this everywhere, I say!

This is super cool. Thanks for posting! If you don't want to read the whole PDF, it's a food hall design, (double height, lots of wood interior) with stalls for 10 vendors, shared washrooms and shared front of house staff, dishes and so on. Common seating, and a 50-seat patio onto Haultain Park.

I just hope it doesn't get filled by MTY franchises or other big brands; that would be a real opportunity wasted. Ideally, it'd all be local.

Back