IMG_9187.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 436
  • IMG_9189.JPG
    IMG_9189.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 399
  • IMG_9191.JPG
    IMG_9191.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 463
There's the non market tower down by Chinook that holds the world record for slowest construction or most pauses. I can't figure out which one.

I'm been wondering that myself. I guess and hope it is undeveloped land that people confused as part of the public park. It's a joke too they were allowed to barricade the sidewalk. I hope it's just temporary and a proper covered walkway will be soon installed. Calgary is so far behind when it comes to construction site etiquette.

Hi Group,

I Know that Tower down by Chinook Centre. Its on 3rd St S.W. by 56th Ave. S.W. Not much happens but have Noted the Crane has been Active with in the Last few Weeks just up the Street Where I Live/
I Figure with the Chinook Redevelopement about to start shortly Who ever now Owns that project at 56/3rd St S.W. will B Looking to Complete the Project and turn it into Revenue Property for some of the new
people expected to B Working at the Expanded Chinook Centre. Interesting Times at Chinook Centre.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,

That Park behind the "Underwood Project" has been Owned by the "Calgary Parks Foundation" for a Very Long Time. I believe they are Still Operating out of that Bldg in the Park. Should B a relief for them in that they will have a Completed Project next to the Site.

Tnx,
Operater.

I'll ask around. My understanding is that the Park doesn't extend out to the park so not sure why they are drilling in that area.
I'm been wondering that myself. I guess and hope it is undeveloped land that people confused as part of the public park. It's a joke too they were allowed to barricade the sidewalk. I hope it's just temporary and a proper covered walkway will be soon installed. Calgary is so far behind when it comes to construction site etiquette.

Why are they digging in the park? Is the parking garage going to extend all the way back there?
The underground parkade will take up most of that space, but will be restored back to park land. IIRC Calgary Parks takes back possession July of 2018.

The new park space will also be much nicer than what has been there for the last few years. The city left it knowing construction could start anytime.

The underground parkade will take up most of that space, but will be restored back to park land. IIRC Calgary Parks takes back possession July of 2018.

The new park space will also be much nicer than what has been there for the last few years. The city left it knowing construction could start anytime.
Does the possession date have anything to do with why they are starting? As in, if you don't get it built by that date, you would not be able to build it at all?

So this actually belongs to the Calgary Parks and they are allowing an underground parkade below it?!? Please say it'll be a CPA lot. Otherwise, it's pretty lousy situation and that's with the impression the developer will be paying for the new space. The underground structure's membrane will need replacing 30 years down the road. Means everything above it will have to be stripped off. Doesn't allow for trees to mature among other things. The Beltline could use a Fieldturf field.

I've not heard of it being a public parkade, but it's possible. If it's private and for the Underwood tower, would the building owners have to pay for any work needed down the road? The McDougall Parkade was put in around 1985 IIRC, so it'll be interesting to see if they have to strip off the top portion for maintenance.

Does the possession date have anything to do with why they are starting? As in, if you don't get it built by that date, you would not be able to build it at all?
I never thought of that, but it makes you wonder if they are going to building the parkade as per the requirement and then cap off.

Back