Trail19 | 22m | 6s | Eagle Crest | FAAS Architecture

CCF

Member Bio
Reaction score
The low density 'tail' presents as a bit odd - but I imagine this was done to appease adjacent residents. Overall, looks great, in particular, the welcoming design of the retail.

Patrick.1980

Member Bio
Reaction score
I really like it, and hate to be a Debbie downer, but I'm wondering if Eagle Crest is planning on up-zoning a bunch of properties and then flipping them? I hope it isn't the case, because I like their proposals, but so far they haven't built anything but small townhomne type developments.

Silence&Motion

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd say it's already surpassed Britannia given how many destinations are within a 10 minute walk or less. Edmonton Trail also has much better potential to develop into a main street than Elbow Dr. It's narrower and has several existing commercial lots that face the street. It will be even better if and when the LRT/BRT is built along Centre Street.

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think Edmonton Tr can be more like 10St in Kensington, slightly less walkable and much more traffic, but there are already some great restaurants / pubs there and the surrounding area is very walkable.

CBBarnett

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think Edmonton Tr can be more like 10St in Kensington, slightly less walkable and much more traffic, but there are already some great restaurants / pubs there and the surrounding area is very walkable.
Agreed there is a nice cluster of retail with some decent options already, as well as suprisingly dense adjacent areas. The Main Street program and pedestrian improvements are the real missing link here. Remarkable how narrow and unsafe the sidewalks/crossings are given that Edmonton Trail is one of those streets with the wild over-sized setback. There is space for everything - just needs to be implemented and it would become incredibly more walkable immediately.

BKha

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd say it's already surpassed Britannia given how many destinations are within a 10 minute walk or less. Edmonton Trail also has much better potential to develop into a main street than Elbow Dr. It's narrower and has several existing commercial lots that face the street. It will be even better if and when the LRT/BRT is built along Centre Street.
Agree. I mean, just that one intersection could become similar to that little Britannia area, but overall that area has more going for it.