Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for Trail19 proposal.
Trail 19-SE.jpg
Trail19-SW.jpg

19.11.01-Level-1-Plan.jpg
View attachment 226849

I really like it, and hate to be a Debbie downer, but I'm wondering if Eagle Crest is planning on up-zoning a bunch of properties and then flipping them? I hope it isn't the case, because I like their proposals, but so far they haven't built anything but small townhomne type developments.

I'd say it's already surpassed Britannia given how many destinations are within a 10 minute walk or less. Edmonton Trail also has much better potential to develop into a main street than Elbow Dr. It's narrower and has several existing commercial lots that face the street. It will be even better if and when the LRT/BRT is built along Centre Street.

I think Edmonton Tr can be more like 10St in Kensington, slightly less walkable and much more traffic, but there are already some great restaurants / pubs there and the surrounding area is very walkable.
Agreed there is a nice cluster of retail with some decent options already, as well as suprisingly dense adjacent areas. The Main Street program and pedestrian improvements are the real missing link here. Remarkable how narrow and unsafe the sidewalks/crossings are given that Edmonton Trail is one of those streets with the wild over-sized setback. There is space for everything - just needs to be implemented and it would become incredibly more walkable immediately.

I'd say it's already surpassed Britannia given how many destinations are within a 10 minute walk or less. Edmonton Trail also has much better potential to develop into a main street than Elbow Dr. It's narrower and has several existing commercial lots that face the street. It will be even better if and when the LRT/BRT is built along Centre Street.
Agree. I mean, just that one intersection could become similar to that little Britannia area, but overall that area has more going for it.

Just drove past this. The site has been cleared and is now just sitting empty. Hopefully it wont be long until they break ground. Who knows though considering they have two projects on the go right now. I can't imagine they have the capitol to keep 3 going all at once.

Back