Tigerstedt Block | ?m | 6s | Certus | Stephen Ho

A construction tender is out for this project. Developer is Certus...89 residential units
I'm torn. It's a perfect type of project for Centre St, and Certus has a good track record, but on the other hand, it's easily the best single block on Centre ST, north of the Bow.

Looking at what this strip has become, i don't want this project to move forward. This block has now become one of the most interesting commercial strips with the one of the best tenants mixes in the entire city. I would imagine it is cash-flow positive assuming they backloaded the improvement costs in TI's for the tenants and sunk costs for the designs for the new projects, although i don't own it and could be wrong. Almost every other part of Centre Street North could welcome this building (I really like the design and Certus has great execution) and i would prefer to see this design anywhere else but this location at this point.

Woo, let's take a charming, human-scaled, organically-grown urban block full of independent businesses... and replace it with with a characterless box built in the name of adding urban density that will most likely be too expensive for anyone but chains and banks.

Disappointing news if they are planning to build. Well the project itself looks good, I agree with the others, that one strip of businesses is the best thing going on all of Centre Street. There are fantastic businesses in that building. I hope it doesn’t get built, at least for another 5 to 10 years.

Back