The Theodore | 35.66m | 10s | Graywood | Arcadis

Saw on their Instagram account that some plans are sold out while others are selling fast...they should be breaking ground next year!

Every condo project in the history of condo projects is "selling fast" according to its developers ... but I am encouraged that RBC has committed to moving to Eisenberg, that does point towards breaking ground this summer.

I visited the sales centre recently. The Royal Bank's lease ends in the spring (April I think is what they said) and the plan is to begin demolition/construction immediately with a target summer 2022 occupancy.
Once RBC has moved out we hopefully will see see action. One thing about Theodore, is the location is great. It's hard to beat, and probably sales have been decent due to that.

RBC is leaving the Theodore site and moving into Eisenberg on May 8, according to the sign on their door:

0.jpeg

Although banks aren't the worst use for ground floor retail - it would be nice to see the bank on the second floor and a more active use at grade.

Agreed, I think you could design an ATM lobby at grade with a lift and stair access to the second floor while still providing an entrance to a main floor CRU behind.

That's a good sign. I would like nothing more than to see the end of that Royal Bank, which right now is a colossal wastes of space on a high profile location. Whether people like this design or not, it's a huge upgrade from what's there now.

I noticed that RBC has now opened in the Eisenberg building down the street. That was originally supposed to trigger construction on the Theodore. I'm curious if they will stick to that plan or if Covid will lead to a long delay before construction begins.

I noticed that RBC has now opened in the Eisenberg building down the street. That was originally supposed to trigger construction on the Theodore. I'm curious if they will stick to that plan or if Covid will lead to a long delay before construction begins.
Covid, or lack of sales?..... Can't imagine they have hit targets yet at Theadore, as I don't think any inner-city condo building has done well in the past year or so (apart from the massive investor buy-out of Era).

Nude is still only at 52% sold so I doubt Theodore has reached the threshold for construction.

Nude shut down their sales centre some months ago. Theodore recently re-opened theirs and are offering half year mortgage paid credit. Nude was offering a year no payments before they shut down.

Nude shut down their sales centre some months ago. Theodore recently re-opened theirs and are offering half year mortgage paid credit. Nude was offering a year no payments before they shut down.
Theodore has location going for it. One of the best locations in the city, even in a downturn market it wouldn't surprise me to see it eventually go ahead. We'll see how things shake out when things return back to normal.

Back