Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Most recent design (Sept 15 2023)
1694786872958.png

1694786928302.png

Previous design info:
Thread to keep track of updates for Arlington's Sentinel proposal at 17th ave and 14th street. Not much info yet, as there is no DP, only the land use submission. They are saying it's to be 28 stories and 600 units, and from the rendering still going with the name 'Sentinel' also looks like a fair bit of retail at grade.
Image45.jpgsentinel-2.jpg

Last edited:
This is much better, though I have a feeling it's more conceptual. We'll know once we see a DP, which may take a while. I'm not trying to be too down on ASI, but they have a lot of irons in the fire right now, and I'd be surprised to see a DP any time soon.

This design was done by Nyhoff, but may not be the final design. Hopefully this is the design it ends up being.
This is much better, though I have a feeling it's more conceptual. We'll know once we see a DP, which may take a while. I'm not trying to be too down on ASI, but they have a lot of irons in the fire right now, and I'd be surprised to see a DP any time soon.
Looks ok, want to see more detailed renders before forming too much of an opinion.

I have a problem with this rendering, I think they are being misleading. This looks like the entirety of the white brick portions were rendered as spandrel panel, and they figured it would be better received to have it white brick instead of spandrel. Because who renders brick with joints at all the window edges? It looks like the both buildings actually were first rendered as some sort of panel, and they rendered as brick. I would be willing to bet they are using this as a bait and switch, and they will use a shitty cheap material in place of where the brick is. I really hope i am wrong and these move forward as brick buildings, a they look pretty damn good.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but you are probably right.
I have a problem with this rendering, I think they are being misleading. This looks like the entirety of the white brick portions were rendered as spandrel panel, and they figured it would be better received to have it white brick instead of spandrel. Because who renders brick with joints at all the window edges? It looks like the both buildings actually were first rendered as some sort of panel, and they rendered as brick. I would completely be willing to bet they are using this as a bait and switch, and they will use a shitty cheap material in place of where the brick. I really hope i am wrong and these move forward as brick buildings, a they look pretty damn good.
View attachment 188607

:rolleyes:

If there's no news, we don't know. That means that it's likely on hold. ASI just started their "The Fifth" project, so this one is years out at best.

Back