The Sentinel | 24m | 6s | Arlington Street | Jackson McCormick

I prefer the lighter colours, but otherwise I still hate the street level treatment and just generally think it's a lazy, cheap design for such an important intersection. This corner deserves something more ambitious and creative. University District does better than this - a lot better - and they're not even inner city.

I'm not even saying it should be a highrise - Truman's Broward is similar size project to this and based on the renderings at least is far, far better.

Last edited:
Wow, it has gotten worse, I'd take the steps and planters over this. There is nothing more sterile and off-putting than a block-long wall of glazing only slightly broken up by sections of brick.

This building is bigger than I thought...

fawjjofwojaf.PNG

This building is bigger than I thought...

View attachment 545795
It's why although I would prefer for this to at least have one +16 story tower for a prominent gateway, the amount of units being proposed is good in the grand scheme.

If they did a tower(s), it could be even more, but with all the projects they apparently have on the go, perhaps they don't have the capital to afford the costs for the foreseeable future.

It's why although I would prefer for this to at least have one +16 story tower for a prominent gateway, the amount of units being proposed is good in the grand scheme.

If they did a tower(s), it could be even more, but with all the projects they apparently have on the go, perhaps they don't have the capital to afford the costs for the foreseeable future.
True. What I find disappointing is that this is the lowest quality of their projects (at least based on the rendering). I am guessing that this is their lowest priority to proceed, as Enzo is now u/c and they appear to be ready to move forward with Francesco's next (based on the DP heading to CPC this week). Hoping the market changes enough to encourage something more ambitious and interesting before it actually goes ahead.

Back