Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's literally no space for it in the lane. It would require switching loading/receiving for Urban Fare and CT to 16th, which would be even worse. The entire laneway elevation is servicing and loading, and its already so condensed that it will be a challenge for trucks to navigate as-built.
I'm trying to picture semis getting into the lane-way from 8th or 9th. Even that will be difficult.

Hi All,
Its Only June 2018, I will B Interested to See Who Goes into that Space, If Its Not Crapy Tire for Sure has to B one of the other Companies They Own. Lets see who IT
is in what - say 6 Months Time,

Tnx,
Operater,

Operator, please read earlier posts as it has been stated that Canadian Tire is in fact moving into the space.

I'm trying to picture semis getting into the lane-way from 8th or 9th. Even that will be difficult.

I can help with the visualization. This was from a test back in December. It's super tight, and difficult, but doable.
T1.JPG
T2.JPG

Attachments

• T1.JPG
    T1.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 542
  • T2.JPG
    T2.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 514
How many tractor trailers would the Canadian Tire receive in a week?

I'm the opposite. The bar lighting tacked on to the cornice cheapens the look. It's too postmodern and out of place. Only uplighting should be used.

Or is it uplighting and just the time of day that makes it look like bar lights?

Last edited:
I think it's mainly bar lighting. I just like that they gave the Devenish a bit of flare at night. But I do see your point.

I'm not sure what to think of the Devinish lighting, it definitely looks like bar lighting as only the Cornice is really lit up. It looks kinda cool, but also kinda tacky too, it would be cool on a new building, but not really on a heritage building. I think up-lighting would be the best bet for this type of building for sure.

Up-lighting is my preference on an older building with brick or stone. The bar lighting looks good on The Royal.

Back