Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Appliances arriving on upper floors. Move-ins must be getting close.

This one was a win-win for the Beltline and for Calgary. Nice looking tower, plus a Canadian Tire and Grocery Store below.

8.2/10. Pretty good. There were a few smallish deficiencies. Kitchen is good and so is bathroom. Similar standard to Park Point. I gather the top few floors (Sky Suites?) are more plush. For example, they have the 1.5x width front doors like in Evolution (by Bosa, in East Village). Not my unit though - just normal.

It's an overpriced store. It's an occasional treat than a staple, IMHO.

We're lucky to have so many grocer choices in our Core area. Safeway, Co-op, Urban Fare, and soon to open Loblaws in EV. I was reading on Retail Insider that Edmonton Downtown is finally getting a grocery store again in the Ice District, it too will be a Loblaws. I think as for basic retail goes, the Core area has pretty much everything it needs for an average resident; Best buy, Staples( needs to be relocated IMO), Canadian Tire, Movie Theatre(needs to be replaced), Banks and grocery stores. I can't think of anything else you could really add at this point that locals in the suburbs would miss out on. A Costco would be nice but maybe an overkill. Other than that I believe it's the right time to start focusing on exclusive retail that lures visitors, tourists, and residents from other parts of the city into the Core and hopefully encourages them to make it their home. Retailers like Apple, Zara, foot locker, exclusive Cuisines, famous burger joints, Rec Room, etc. should all be sought after to make the Core area the all in one destination. It would be nice to see more people travelling to the Downtown/ Beltline area on weekends to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment rather than going to a suburban location like Chinook Mall. This Canadian Tire and Urban /Fare was a great addition!

It's an overpriced store. It's an occasional treat than a staple, IMHO.
Overpriced for regular canned and boxed items when comparing to Safeway or CO-OP, but the delicatessen and hot meals section is really good. More expensive yes, but good quality, and still cheaper than going to a resto. This will offer another option for Beltline residents.

About 10 years ago there was an article - on Retail Insider I believe - talking about how Calgary didn't appear a good fit for urban format stores and inner city grocers, citing Edmonton's new Sobeys on Jasper opening up and a proposed Sobeys for Marda Loop getting the Kibosh. Since then we've added a Sunterra, a Best Buy, a Canadian Tire, an Urban Fare, A couple of Blush Lanes and soon a Loblaws, while Edmonton's Jasper Ave. Sobeys closed down. Sometimes things just need time to play out.

We're lucky to have so many grocer choices in our Core area. Safeway, Co-op, Urban Fare, and soon to open Loblaws in EV. I was reading on Retail Insider that Edmonton Downtown is finally getting a grocery store again in the Ice District, it too will be a Loblaws. I think as for basic retail goes, the Core area has pretty much everything it needs for an average resident; Best buy, Staples( needs to be relocated IMO), Canadian Tire, Movie Theatre(needs to be replaced), Banks and grocery stores. I can't think of anything else you could really add at this point that locals in the suburbs would miss out on. A Costco would be nice but maybe an overkill. Other than that I believe it's the right time to start focusing on exclusive retail that lures visitors, tourists, and residents from other parts of the city into the Core and hopefully encourages them to make it their home. Retailers like Apple, Zara, foot locker, exclusive Cuisines, famous burger joints, Rec Room, etc. should all be sought after to make the Core area the all in one destination. It would be nice to see more people travelling to the Downtown/ Beltline area on weekends to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment rather than going to a suburban location like Chinook Mall. This Canadian Tire and Urban /Fare was a great addition!

About 10 years ago there was an article - on Retail Insider I believe - talking about how Calgary didn't appear a good fit for urban format stores and inner city grocers, citing Edmonton's new Sobeys on Jasper opening up and a proposed Sobeys for Marda Loop getting the Kibosh. Since then we've added a Sunterra, a Best Buy, a Canadian Tire, an Urban Fare, A couple of Blush Lanes and soon a Loblaws, while Edmonton's Jasper Ave. Sobeys closed down. Sometimes things just need time to play out.
I don’t remember the article, but I remember some Edmonton members on SSP saying the same thing.

Back