• Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
DSC_5552.JPG
DSC_5556.JPG
DSC_5560.JPG

would be great if they ramped up arris after this winds down. was by there a couple of days ago and its progessing as slowly as the royal did for the first year.

Reactions: AJX
Agreed. I have a feeling Arris will b e on ice for a while unless someone picks it up as a rental tower.

Walked around this project last week and checked out the Canadian Tire. Really impressed with the store aside from the fact it was like 25 degrees inside. The main floor retail and common areas turned out great. Once it's all leased up and running this is going to be a real hub.

They are planning on something in Currie Barracks. Wonder what will come first ... Arris or there?
If I had to bet money I would say the Currie Barracks project due to the smaller scale. Condo units in taller buildings aren't selling well, but for smaller projects they are doing okay. Just look at a the comparable University District, where sales have been strong.

If I had to bet money I would say the Currie Barracks project due to the smaller scale. Condo units in taller buildings aren't selling well, but for smaller projects they are doing okay. Just look at a the comparable University District, where sales have been strong.
Embassy Bosa's Currie Barracks project was 500 units across multiple buildings, including a 16 storey tower. Not what would be called smaller scale. I would bet that Arris would go first, given the fact people wouldn't want to pay concrete highrise prices, and NOT live in downtown or on the C-Train these days.

Embassy Bosa's Currie Barracks project was 500 units across multiple buildings, including a 16 storey tower. Not what would be called smaller scale. I would bet that Arris would go first, given the fact people wouldn't want to pay concrete highrise prices, and NOT live in downtown or on the C-Train these days.
I recall the DP's that were issued for Currie were for 2 or 3 lower rise buildings. Something like 4-6 floors or thereabouts, which I would expect to sell easier than the one is Arris. The high-rise tower for Currie would be a tough sell for the reasons you mentioned.

Hello fellow infrastructure and construction enthusiasts.

I’ve been following the site for a few months, while also having been visiting Calgary Skyscraperpage Forums for over a decade without being registered. I appreciate that Skyrise is all local while linking daily to related news.

I’ll share a photo from time to time, and maybe participate in some discussions. I have a infrequently updated website listed in my profile.

Thanks for being a positive and enthusiastic community to discuss change and developments.

Photo of the Royal taken on Dec 16th from 17th Ave, looking NE.

20181216_155808.jpg

Last edited:

Back