Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jesus, another inner city park. 😁 That makes 3 new ones this year. Well, I guess Elbow Island Park isn't "new" but it will certainly feel like an entirely different experience once it reopens.

city is getting ambitious, only 12mos to do a 50ft lot

It, and Flyover will still be done before Century. When I take my great grandchildren to Century Gardens and they ask why it’s called that I’ll say “Children, it’s called Century Gardens because that’s how long it took to complete. Wait?! Is that a backhoe??”

Last edited:
Th park at The Royal has started construction. My drunken wisdom told me to stop and take a photo somehow.

1624BEC8-0CC4-4970-80CD-D82847682090_1_201_a.jpeg

I passed by there with a friend yesterday, and she made the comment that the park would be a magnet for homeless people. I think she's wrong. There will be some homeless people using it, but mostly it's gong to be used by everyone. Imagine summer evenings with the evening light on the park.

I passed by there with a friend yesterday, and she made the comment that the park would be a magnet for homeless people. I think she's wrong. There will be some homeless people using it, but mostly it's gong to be used by everyone. Imagine summer evenings with the evening light on the park.
I also don’t think it will. It’s too exposed. Also, the Royal and the people who paid high amounts of money to be there, won’t put up with that crap right next to the building. They would be made uncomfortable enough to pick a quieter spot.

Agree. There are homeless people all around that area, but they don't tend to congregate and they don't tend to bother people. Also with Beano kitty corner to the park, it'll be full of 'elite latte lifters' lol.

Fart sniffing latte lifters, as Matt Stone and Trey Parker would put it.

Back