Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I received an email the builder has released more units they were sitting on. Lower than the ridiculously optimistic priced ones on the mls. I know they have more unsold on higher floors as well. A bunch of owned units still sitting unrented at high prices as well. I am still possibly interested in this building, but not until prices reflect current economic reality. It’s a nice building in an awesome location.

I received an email the builder has released more units they were sitting on. Lower than the ridiculously optimistic priced ones on the mls. I know they have more unsold on higher floors as well. A bunch of owned units still sitting unrented at high prices as well. I am still possibly interested in this building, but not until prices reflect current economic reality. It’s a nice building in an awesome location.
And it's not just this building. Rents seem to be remaining high even with the market softened. I know that the Beltline vacancy rate for newer buildings is low, but all of them have vacancies. You would think the rate would go down.

Any luck with the apartment condo hunting?

And it's not just this building. Rents seem to be remaining high even with the market softened. I know that the Beltline vacancy rate for newer buildings is low, but all of them have vacancies. You would think the rate would go down.

Any luck with the apartment condo hunting?
I pretty much have it narrowed down to The Montana, The Royal, or Emerald Stone. But with the prices still dropping and the Alberta economy so bad, I am now considering not buying right away. Since I need to be in Calgary by May, I might end up renting for a couple years and skip the ongoing fallout. Hence my interest in the new rental building being built nearby. The Redstone. Or possibly rent in one of my preferred buildings. I can pay cash for a condo, but that cash might serve me better staying invested elsewhere.

I pretty much have it narrowed down to The Montana, The Royal, or Emerald Stone. But with the prices still dropping and the Alberta economy so bad, I am now considering not buying right away. Since I need to be in Calgary by May, I might end up renting for a couple years and skip the ongoing fallout. Hence my interest in the new rental building being built nearby. The Redstone. Or possibly rent in one of my preferred buildings. I can pay cash for a condo, but that cash might serve me better staying invested elsewhere.
Time in the market versus timing the market :)

If you can deal with the downs, why not do both, and double your appreciating asset base. There is a maneuver you can do by buying a place then mortgaging it to use the money to invest, then you get to write the interest off of the place your living in as an investment expense (consult someone who actually knows how to do this before attempting please!)

A rendering for the park going in beside The Royal.

EO0XRADUYAEtEbJ.jpg

It’s very ambitious. It’s a very small space. Nice to see it will be more than a chunk of grass.
My thoughts too. I was expecting it to be a patch of grass with a couple of trees or bushes. This looks great. I can people sitting and hanging out in the park with a coffee from Beano.

My thoughts too. I was expecting it to be a patch of grass with a couple of trees or bushes. This looks great. I can people sitting and hanging out in the park with a coffee from Beano.

The lone picnic table that currently exists at the NW corner of the intersection gets a lot of use - so as you suggest, can see this being a popular spot too.

Looking to rent for sure now. If any of you have a rental in those buildings coming up around May, feel free to message me. I do have a cat.

I would check about the cat first, as many of the highrise buildings don't allow pets.
Yeah, it’s definitely limiting me. Most buildings allow a cat, but not all landlords want a cat. But where I go, she goes. I even drove through the Fort McMurray Wildfire with her. I will find something for myself and my brave little cat ?

Back