Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Good morning. Looking for feedback from anyone owning in this building. Pros and cons thus far. It’s at the top of my short list along with Park Point for when I travel to Calgary next week to look for a new build condo. I have read every post in this thread, but have never been to it or the area in person.

Good morning. Looking for feedback from anyone owning in this building. Pros and cons thus far. It’s at the top of my short list along with Park Point for when I travel to Calgary next week to look for a new build condo. I have read every post in this thread, but have never been to it or the area in person.
I’m in a really good position to help you. I own a one bedroom in park point that I live in. I just took possession of a 1-bed at Royal for rental. Similar build quality I would say. PP is better located for downtown being nicely halfway between 17th and 8th. Whereas Royal feels more like it is exactly centre of the buzzing 17th district. Feels more alive. Not necessarily good thing. Depends what you want. Quality of bathroom and kitchen very similar. Sound proofing between units similar on both - not the best but good enough. Amenities rooms similar. Feel free to answer further questions. Royal feels very empty for now but it is early days.

I’m in a really good position to help you. I own a one bedroom in park point that I live in. I just took possession of a 1-bed at Royal for rental. Similar build quality I would say. PP is better located for downtown being nicely halfway between 17th and 8th. Whereas Royal feels more like it is exactly centre of the buzzing 17th district. Feels more alive. Not necessarily good thing. Depends what you want. Quality of bathroom and kitchen very similar. Sound proofing between units similar on both - not the best but good enough. Amenities rooms similar. Feel free to answer further questions. Royal feels very empty for now but it is early days.
Thank you! I’m not surprised they are similar as they both seem the best to meet my desires. I’m super active and interested in experiencing all the city has to offer. But down the road I would like to be able to give up my vehicle and have easy access to transportation and amenities.

Thank you! I’m not surprised they are similar as they both seem the best to meet my desires. I’m super active and interested in experiencing all the city has to offer. But down the road I would like to be able to give up my vehicle and have easy access to transportation and amenities.
Both PP and TR are great locations. I think The Royal has more amenities round it, and is better suited for not having a car. You've got Canadian Tire, Urban Fare, London Drugs, Shoppers', Best Buy and Safeway all within 5 minutes of walking. On top of that, you've got a zillion coffee shops and restos, etc..

PP is closer to downtown, and has beautiful Central Memorial Park. Also right on the 12th ave cycle track.

My own preference would probably be The Royal.

Yeah, tough call. Both are great spots, and both are nice buildings. The Royal has the edge if you're looking to be car free. PP is centrally located and will be close to the Beltline's Green Line station, but that's a 5 years away.

I live in 15th ave and not all affected by the busy 17th. I suppose that living in the Royal on 16 th ave, would be the same, no impacted by 17th!
Otherwise, Royal sold at 90% and 8 new occupants more each week so already feeling life and good life within the building!

Last edited:

Back