Votes: 9 13.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Overpriced for regular canned and boxed items when comparing to Safeway or CO-OP, but the delicatessen and hot meals section is really good. More expensive yes, but good quality, and still cheaper than going to a resto. This will offer another option for Beltline residents.

The ready to go meals are great. That is what I meant by treat over a staple. I'm blessed to now live in a community of independent fruit and vegetable markets butchers, bakers, etc and beautiful modern upmarket chains have lost their appeal. Much higher prices with the much higher overhead.

Last edited:
We're lucky to have so many grocer choices in our Core area. Safeway, Co-op, Urban Fare, and soon to open Loblaws in EV. I was reading on Retail Insider that Edmonton Downtown is finally getting a grocery store again in the Ice District, it too will be a Loblaws. I think as for basic retail goes, the Core area has pretty much everything it needs for an average resident; Best buy, Staples( needs to be relocated IMO), Canadian Tire, Movie Theatre(needs to be replaced), Banks and grocery stores. I can't think of anything else you could really add at this point that locals in the suburbs would miss out on. A Costco would be nice but maybe an overkill. Other than that I believe it's the right time to start focusing on exclusive retail that lures visitors, tourists, and residents from other parts of the city into the Core and hopefully encourages them to make it their home. Retailers like Apple, Zara, foot locker, exclusive Cuisines, famous burger joints, Rec Room, etc. should all be sought after to make the Core area the all in one destination. It would be nice to see more people travelling to the Downtown/ Beltline area on weekends to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment rather than going to a suburban location like Chinook Mall. This Canadian Tire and Urban /Fare was a great addition!

Lot of choices in grocers but, there could be more variety before we get too excited. It's a good start.

One of my biggest fears are downtowns losing their unique brand in their desire to attract suburbanites to shop there. Let them have their suburban malls if it means unique places losing out to national chains because national chains are all they know.

twitterapr31.jpg

@1875 Awesome.

By the way if anyone here is interested and requires financing I am a licensed mortgage associate with Dominion Lending. I've had a couple of clients approach about the Royal. Please reach out if you are looking for assistance in financing.

The building is beautiful and having the Urban Fare with Canadian Tire is such a plus, as most of the other developers near by are starting to reference these additions.

The epicenter of the Beltline.

@1875 Awesome.

By the way if anyone here is interested and requires financing I am a licensed mortgage associate with Dominion Lending. I've had a couple of clients approach about the Royal. Please reach out if you are looking for assistance in financing.

The building is beautiful and having the Urban Fare with Canadian Tire is such a plus, as most of the other developers near by are starting to reference these additions.

Back