The Livery | 10.36m | 2s | Ansonia | MoDA

Oddball

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wait a sec. I thought it was a bar based on all the people mingling and the band playing in the render. Then I looked inside and it looks like it's a high end purse retailer... or maybe a saddlery? I'm totally confused.

cameronhowe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Also, render-people are so funny. Woman with dog: she's walking, the dog's seated.
Jessica Biel waits for no one, especially her dog. ;)

Love the building and the design, wish there was something else occupying the building instead of the building like a restaurant or bar.

MoDA

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is going to be the new home of the Livery. They'll be moving out of the barn across the street. They'll occupy the main floor, with offices on the second. The owner of the building is the same owner as the National hotel and they have a non-compete with their tenant there (The Nash), so unfortunately, a restaurant/bar isn't possible. The outdoor space is intended for things like a night market or music events, etc. and will have a retractable canopy overhead. We're hoping Jessica Biel actually makes an appearance one day. ;-)

Also, construction is indeed well underway. Main floor framing should be complete this week!
IMG_4980.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

luk_o

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! Especially for that location. That protruding brick treatment is awesome. Love the quality of the National Restoration and the interior of the Nash, if it's the same owners confidence is high that the end result won't be watered down compared to the rendering.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score

Calbusier

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks awesome (as is almost everything by MoDA imo), I can't wait to see this one finished! Hopefully there are plans to repurpose the barn somehow.

Col du Edworthy

Member Bio
Reaction score
So no one noticed the ducks? Just Jessica Biel (guess that makes sense)

"The outdoor space is intended for things like a night market or music events, water fowl, etc"