Votes: 16 32.7%
  • So So

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Are there any plans / info on what will be done with the buildings directly to the east of the Hat? This is the worst exposure of this one, you can only hope that something quality can partially block the lower section of it from that angle so the top more or less blends in to filler once EV progresses and builds out. The podium actually looks quite decent in the renderings with quality materials - For the love of god Cidex, don't chince out here at the end.

What's in the building to the east of this? They would have to knock it down to put something else there, I hope the neighbourhood faces that kind of pressure in the near future.

What's in the building to the east of this? They would have to knock it down to put something else there, I hope the neighbourhood faces that kind of pressure in the near future.
The city took it over from the CBE and has plans to knock it down and put something up. No plans have been released as of yet to my knowledge.

The city took it over from the CBE and has plans to knock it down and put something up. No plans have been released as of yet to my knowledge.

Unless you've heard something of late that I haven't - this site is actually owned by CBE (with plans to redevelop for institutional uses, while bringing in some sort of residential partner).

The land was last legally touched in 2012 (transfer to CBE?). In 2015, a road allowance was taken off the north and east ends of the parcel if I am reading the map correctly.

I don't think the CBE will ever receive funding from the province to fund its dream adult education project there. Bow Valley College has extra full time capacity and is right nearby.

Last edited:
Unless you've heard something of late that I haven't - this site is actually owned by CBE (with plans to redevelop for institutional uses, while bringing in some sort of residential partner).
You're correct, it is the CBE who still owns it...not sure why I thought the city did. They have talked about plans to redevelop it, but no specific proposal yet.

If we are going to have more higher educational opportunities downtown I would love to see an expansion of the UofC urban campus.

I heard it was suppose to be converted to an elementary school with a residential tower on top of it. I think the intention was to try and attract families to EV.

I heard it was suppose to be converted to an elementary school with a residential tower on top of it. I think the intention was to try and attract families to EV.
I think that would be a nice use for it. There is a good amount of retail around EV, an elementary school would be great. It could also serve the kids from Vic Park, now that the school there isn't used as a school anymore.

No plans for an elementary school at that site at this time - the plans always focussed on developing about 7-8 floors of 'institutional uses' focussing on adult education, as well as city-wide CBE needs. Things could certainly change, but that's what I've heard latest to date.

No plans for an elementary school at that site at this time - the plans always focussed on developing about 7-8 floors of 'institutional uses' focussing on adult education, as well as city-wide CBE needs. Things could certainly change, but that's what I've heard latest to date.
7 or 8 floors of institutional uses would also be good. One thing I've noticed lately is the impact Bow Valley College has on the east end of downtown.

Also the CBE has closed down their adult education so their demand for that program in this location is no longer there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-cbe-chinook-learning-services-closure-1.4575309

https://calgaryherald.com/news/loca...ned-after-cbe-ends-their-learning-program/amp

Everyone's favorite. From this morning.

28872182117_86e558fce0_b.jpg

29938683628_e3385de8e7_b.jpg

29938685858_f87f81b653_b.jpg

29938689188_6ef8ffb8c5_b.jpg

42904968935_50ce6d5ee2_b.jpg

42904970345_ccce6a2701_b.jpg

43092177044_450d1e0c0e_b.jpg

Attachments

• P7270109.jpg
    P7270109.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 590