Votes: 16 32.7%
  • So So

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
It doesn't though, at all. The render has two vertical lines of glass separated by a centre line of spandrel on each of the extruded sections on the west face. At least we are getting what was rendered for the north face which is very stark and dark lines of glass broken by the hideous white spandrel, not nearly as bad as the east and west faces though.

If you think this looks like the render, probably look back at the render. :p Cidex should be fined for this crap.

That's what I meant Chad, I'm as disappointed as you are. I feel like this project is definitely turning out to be underwhelming, especially if it's going to be so prominent

Last edited:
Ugh, is it too late to return this one for a refund?

Only blessing is it’s not on a more prominent lot.

Once those units are occupied and the few windows there are have blinds closed this will be one solid monotone whiteish mass.

One unfortunate downside to rental towers is the owners aren't usually trying to sell the building's exterior looks.
I don't know this for sure and maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer, but the spandrel portion is probably more energy efficient than vision glass, which would be the reason a rental tower would have a lot of spandrel.

I think this might be the most spandrel I've ever seen on a building.

IMG_6174.JPG IMG_6143.JPG IMG_6128.JPG IMG_6142.JPG IMG_6152.JPG IMG_6155.JPG
IMG_6155.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6174.JPG
    IMG_6174.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_6143.JPG
    IMG_6143.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_6128.JPG
    IMG_6128.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_6142.JPG
    IMG_6142.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_6152.JPG
    IMG_6152.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_6155.JPG
    IMG_6155.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 664
I actually don't mind the stark vertical lines on the north face.

IMG_6238.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 506
I've largely been avoiding this thread. Man does this thing ever look like it was helicoptered in from 2010 Vancouver. There are worst things I suppose, but as those old brick condos on the west end of the Beltline are to the 70s and 80s so will this design be to the 2010s. It's bland and maybe it's only saving grace is that there aren't really that many like it in this city.

Excuse the ignorance... what is it that is so unattractive about this. I realize it’s straight out of Coal Harbour or False Creek in Vancouver.
I personally don’t dislike it. It’s different than most buildings in Calgary and that’s good

What the genuine F Cidex. I knew Cidex was a garbage developer (made the unfortunate mistake of living in one of the Aura towers for a year...) but this is just absolutely atrocious.

Back