Votes: 16 32.7%
  • So So

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
More junk from Cidex...very disappointing. They have an opportunity to really massacre the EV, as they have Block K under contract too now:(
Is this confirmed? Was there an official announcement? Not that I don't believe you, just that is big news as it is kind of the last full block left to sell for CMLC I think.

Is this confirmed? Was there an official announcement? Not that I don't believe you, just that is big news as it is kind of the last full block left to sell for CMLC I think.
No official announcement thus far. They might still be negotiating.

That's Q block.

Thanks UW. I had looked at this map, but apparently looked to quickly.

CMLC+Masterplan+Map+-+March+2015.jpg

Good grief. If you’re going to have more spandrel than glass, just build a wall and use a proper exterior finish treatment suitable for a tower.
Yep. Exposed concrete with painted finish like Bravo, Encore, etc.. would have been much better.

That looks unbelievably terrible.

Looks like feces. Worst building in the East Village by a large margin. I even like the older 70's brick condo next door 100% more than this trash. The only thing that could save it is the podium. I find the podium interesting for some sick reason.

I agree, it looks like crap for the most part. This building could’ve looked much better with as little as an extra 30% more glass and 30% less spandrel. Somebody really dropped the ball.

Looks like the rendering to me... Meh

It doesn't though, at all. The render has two vertical lines of glass separated by a centre line of spandrel on each of the extruded sections on the west face. At least we are getting what was rendered for the north face which is very stark and dark lines of glass broken by the hideous white spandrel, not nearly as bad as the east and west faces though.

If you think this looks like the render, probably look back at the render. :p Cidex should be fined for this crap.

The day where companies like Cidex will consult people like us can't come soon enough. This would've never been built in this manner if they were sensible enough to realize no one wants it built in this manner.
Like I've said before ... we literally give FREE, HONEST, and LEVEL-HEADED critiques. What these companies probably spend millions of dollars on could be attained and improved upon just by checking in here instead.

That podium better be the best podium in the city, or this will be an absolute disaster.

Reactions: AJX

Back