Votes: 16 32.7%
  • So So

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
You also have the proposed development for the CBE building (#5 on the image, no timeline on that). The second N3 building (#E2, good chance it won't go until the Library construction is winding down as they are using that site for storage). Embassy Bosa owns #39 but hasn't announced anything for it yet. It is possible that we will see the xyz building (M2) start up in 2017 but I haven't seen anything recent on it. Vibe (the midrise on the south half of the Verve Block) should go into sales in the new year.

The image below is form Feb 2015 but I don't think anything else has sold.
CMLC - Feb2015.jpg

Attachments

• CMLC - Feb2015.jpg
    CMLC - Feb2015.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 477
I know it's a rental, but I do wish the tower portion of the Hat was a bit more interesting. It's about as generic as it gets for a condo these days. I guess at least the podium has a bit of life.

Also, you know what could use some development in East Village? The entirety of the Fort Calgary grounds. That giant open field could really use some landscaping attention to bring it up to par with the rest of Riverwalk. Considering it's central location, it comes across as being rather neglected...when it could be our version of the Great Lawn type spaces you see in NY/Chicago.

Last edited:
Also, you know what could use some development in East Village? The entirety of the Fort Calgary grounds. That giant open field could really use some landscaping attention to bring it up to par with the rest of Riverwalk. Considering it's central location, it comes across as being rather neglected...when it could our version of the Great Lawn type spaces you see in NY/Chicago.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. A lot of wasted land around in and around that area.

Drilling equipment at The Hat :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cyd8Q8DUkAAlICL.jpg

Oh my God yes! So happy to see this one start up! This gives me even more hope that the M2 retail building will also get going within the next 12 months as rumoured!

The only other project I know of is East Village Court. It's #24 on the map that Cyric posted. They submitted a DP some time ago, but no BP application. I heard the developer was looking to redesign......not surprising since it had an office space component to it. Urban Warrior and Cyric have mentioned M2 and N3 as possibilities.

Last edited:
Yes, the only one's I've heard substantial rumours about starting anytime soon are M2 Retail/Restaurant block and INK by Battistella. In my opinion, M2 would be quite successful due to both the growing popularity and growing population of East Village. A Cactus Club and maybe a Seafood Restaurant would work really well in that location. INK has already reached 65 percent sales so really it could go ahead any time.

There is also phase 2 of N3 which has yet to be launched but will likely be almost as successful as the first phase, and there is East Village Court which I have no information on, other than that the first phase is 16 floors and 50.3 meters of residential, and phase 2 is currently 9 storeys and 46 meters of commercial space.

Yes, the only one's I've heard substantial rumours about starting anytime soon are M2 Retail/Restaurant block and INK by Battistella. In my opinion, M2 would be quite successful due to both the growing popularity and growing population of East Village. A Cactus Club and maybe a Seafood Restaurant would work really well in that location. INK has already reached 65 percent sales so really it could go ahead any time.

There is also phase 2 of N3 which has yet to be launched but will likely be almost as successful as the first phase, and there is East Village Court which I have no information on, other than that the first phase is 16 floors and 50.3 meters of residential, and phase 2 is currently 9 storeys and 46 meters of commercial space.

INK is moving forward. I'm not sure about the rest.

Which one is M2 again? I don't recall hearing about that one.

M2 would be this one.

1003251158-1003251313-1024x529.jpg

Quite a striking building I think. Not sure about it's viability though, especially right now. The rumor I heard was that this was designed by the land-owners daughter as a showcase project for her new architecture firm. Not sure if that makes it less or more like to go ahead though, ha.

Last edited:

Back