The Forge | 16.5m | 6s | Kanas | Gibbs Gage

Not to take anything away from University Property Mgmt, but a large part of its success is the location and timing. Located close to two hospitals and a university already is enough to make it easily successful. Because of this location, there's a built in demand right off the start, developers are able to put out a more upscale product, and the success breeds more success. Anyhow, whatever the reasons for the success, it's great to see. I would love to see this replicated between the University and the Brentwood LRT station. Low rise, and townhomes, plus a few mid-rise towers near the station.
There is a concept master plan for that area. I don't know how much of it is residential, but buildings around the 14-17 floor range near the station.

1711760687126.png

I'd love to see more low-mid rise buildings around places like the Beltline and EV. Those are one of the few places with properties having high FARs, so unfortunately they'll probably sit idle until the owner can build a high-rise.

I'm curious whether increased zoning across the board will soften land prices for parcels with a higher FAR, die to increased competition in multifamily development?

Overall this is great...but I'm curious if those black panels look as bad in person as they do in these latest photos. It looks like they came pre-warped from the factory.

Back