Votes: 43 66.2%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 4 Not Very Good

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Any more recent word on when this one is starting? If we need a hotel anywhere, it's directly in the centre of the core like this one!

Last edited:
According to the source website, the developers site, they say anticipated start date in Q1 2017. Isn't Q1 already done though? Either way, it sounds like it'll be soon!

Website updated their start date to Q3 2017 start, which has obviously already passed. I imagine now that the Residence Inn is structurally complete, this one may start fairly soon.

The hotel is going to feature a restaurant on the 27th floor with a south-facing outdoor patio.

Also, here are some higher resolution versions of the renders I posted a year ago.

3.1.1-Hotel-5th-Avenue-SW-PBA-01.jpg

3.1.1-Hotel-5th-Avenue-SW-PBA-02.jpg

3.1.1-Hotel-5th-Avenue-SW-PBA-03.jpg

http://www.pbaland.com/developments/hotel-5th-avenue-s-w/

I actually really like it. They improved on the design a lot. I love wood-colored podiums, as long as this one isn't cheaply done it should be quite nice.
It has a bit of a Toronto-y feel, not saying that's good or bad. It'll definitely help uplift this area though.
It'll be awesome seeing this area change once this and Oxford get built.

Thought I'd move this over here. It appears construction is imminent, and the new project name is The Dorian Hotel.

I can't find the thread for the PBA Land hotel on 5th Avenue, but this tidbit was in the latest David Parker article, found here:
http://calgaryherald.com/business/c...dds-another-school-to-its-education-portfolio

"On Thursday, Patricia Phillips, CEO of PBA Land & Development and her senior vice-president, Andrew Boblin, will be joined by Calgary Economic Development CEO Mary Moran, Tourism Calgary CEO Cindy Ady, and Arjun Channa, general manager of the Westin hotel and representing the Calgary Hotel Association, as ground will be broken on 525 5th Avenue S.W. It will herald a construction start by EllisDon of The Dorian Hotel, a 27-storey structure that will offer 120 Autograph Collection and 180 Courtyard by Marriott rooms."

Is it still associated with Marriot? or is now a separate company?

And what does it have to do with Dorians?

All kidding aside, it's nice to see some action on an old thread. It'll be nice to see this lot developed.

Nice to see another hotel go into the core. We'll have to wait and see how it goes, but the article did maker it sound like it's happening.

Back