Blume | 48m | 15s | Remington | Systemic Architecture

This thing looks dope! Curtain wall on a rental residential project in the Calgary suburbs? Wtf. Move it downtown. Now!!

I see hanging… there’s even curtain wall hooks set up on the sections it’s been installed currently. I doubt the whole thing will be though, which worries me about mish-mashing the aesthetic

You can see the windows sitting on the slab here. Definitely window wall as curtain walls will haver the window frames completely outside the slab hung off the edge. Also, the placement of the horizontal mullion that sits level with the top of the slab is a dead giveaway, curtain wall would just span it with no intermediate mullion.
1656365579355.png

Maybe they are doing a mix, the pic I quoted looks like it's sitting on the slab edge, but that picture is definitely hung off the slab. Strange. Curtain wall is far superior, so I'm hoping it makes up the majority of the building!

There might be a bit of an illusion where the balconies are, as the slabs come forward in those areas.

It's not too late to remove those red boxes from the design... 🥺

Especially at those balcony indents in that night rendering. There's a few examples of this around town and it would create a real awkward mood inside when direct sun kicks off of it. Your whole room would feel pink. The first day the resident would be wondering who dyed their white dog!

Back