Votes: 24 58.5%
  • So so

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do you know how much deeper they need to go?

Well I'm not sure, but I do know this building will have an automated parking garage and a very advanced flood protection system, so both of those things should increase the overall depth of the garage relative to an average building of this size.

I'm looking forward to watching them building the parking structure to see how the automated system is built.

Do we know yet what the exterior of this building will be clad in? The renders seem to indicate some sort of polished white stone.

Don't know off hand. I'd love to see the DP on this one and find out, but I suspect it will be something decent. Well, that's the hope at least.

With a starting price at like 1.4 million I'm sure it will be very high quality materials. I went by today and snapped a picture, the pit is completely leveled out but there's no sign of a crane base which is weird.
25637916174_ba085400e1_b.jpg

Do we know yet what the exterior of this building will be clad in? The renders seem to indicate some sort of polished white stone.

Either that or some kind of metal panel. I can't see them going stucco on a 'luxury' building like this, I hope I'm right.

Interesting that this will be built 7 years after the architect's death. I thought Trump Vancouver would be Erickson's last building. Must be some kind of record.

I think it's more inspired by a previous Erickson design for the site.

Of all the various projects around the city, this is one that I wish never happened. I love the view of the city from the north end of the Peace Bridge, and once this is built I wonder if the view will suck. The backdrop won't be a skyline, but instead a big condo complex. :eek:

These buildings are very small compared to the buildings behind it. I think it will add to the backdrop beautifully, considering how high quality the materials are sure to be and how clean the design of the buildings is.

I think so too. The interesting shape of the buildings and the way the open in the middle will make for an interesting look from the north. I think it'll be a very popular photograph angle.

Given the relief of the building and the fact that all that's back there is a bunch of surface parking I think it will turn out ok. I suppose the risk does exist though and we can't be sure until all is said and done, but you can count me in the optimist camp too.

Back