The Bridge | 52.42m | 16s | Jemm Properties | Zeidler

Good news if this gets approved and goes ahead. Bridgeland is building up some nice density. I was in Bridgeland on Friday and was impressed by how busy it's getting. The north side of 1st ave needs some change though.
Yes. The north side of 1st Ave has been completely ignored in new development. I don't know whether that is a zoning thing or private land owners who don't want to sell to developers.

Yes. The north side of 1st Ave has been completely ignored in new development. I don't know whether that is a zoning thing or private land owners who don't want to sell to developers.
There will be change coming down the pipe for the north side. The city was looking at changing the zoning a few years back. Increasing it a block or two north, not sure if it's been done, but if not it will be sometime. Perfect location for some small mixed use projects.

Rumblings are that this one might start before the end of the year. 285 rental units. Project will be called The Bridge.
285 seems like too many for this scale of building. Is it possible this is a total including a second phase or something? Or am I just imagining things wrong. The Guardian towers in all 44 storeys of their meh-ness has only 320 units per tower and this one is only 10 stories...

Last edited:
285 seems like too many for this scale of building. Is it possible this is a total including a second phase or something? Or am I just imagining things wrong. The Guardian in all 44 storeys of their meh-ness have only 320 units and this one is only 10 stories...

Tiny units perhaps? I know 500 block has some 350 sqft units.

This building is about twice the size of Radius. Keep in mind that this is the same massing but twice the height of Radius. I can't possibly see it having a second phase. Where would it go? Somewhere in another location of the neighbourhood hundreds of meters away? This section of the neighbourhood only has space for this project and Steps.

You can see all of what I'm talking about in the renders on the first page.

I would guess that it’s two phases in total. If I recall correctly radius was just over 100 units and it is of similar scale to this building
Radius is deceiving, it actually has 201 units, so 285 could be a possibility, though many of the units would have to be pretty small I think.

This one goes to CPC next week. Report here:
DP Drawings here:
1580513038563.png

1580513078864.png

1580513102716.png

1580513124419.png

1580513164018.png

1580513185844.png

This is nice! If this gets completed along with Dominion, I can see Bridgeland starting to become a real hot spot. Although not a perfect TOD, this sort of densification is a step in the right direction. Now what we need is a 5 or so storey office building and a small scaled hotel to make it a more complete mixed used neighbourhood.

Last edited:
The good:
  • 285 units!
  • 359 bicycle stalls!
  • Only 105 parking stalls!
  • <200m to rapid transit
  • Slick, but not too tall, design. Huge density boost without the kinds of drawbacks the 30 storey tower variant of the equivalent number units has.
The bad:
  • We didn't build this kind of thing everywhere near transit stations over the past 40 years

Looking forward to it, hopefully it all goes through and is executed!

Back