Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
These LEDs are different, it's a commissioned piece. It's supposed to be public art, "Northern Lights" by Douglas Copland. Westbank/Allied/Telus will pay to keep them in working order.

Also, I would assume that the technology has changed in the last 10 years between Arriva and Jamieson's LED's vs Telus Sky?

LEDs haven't changed I don't think, it's a pretty simple little device. What's different about Telus Sky is that the LEDs are integrated into the window frames somehow. I hope that insulates them from the elements a bit and allows them to last longer.

So my former colleague at the Telus Sky, who had helped install the LED's once, said the LED's are strips placed in the frames that can be removed and replaced more simply than other buildings. He also said the owners would have most definielty ordered extras for situations where they do stop working.

Thanks for the insight, glad to hear they are thinking ahead! I wonder if they have a Canada Day display planned with everything seemingly cancelled this year.

Thanks for the insight, glad to hear they are thinking ahead! I wonder if they have a Canada Day display planned with everything seemingly cancelled this year.
There are a still a bunch of broken ones, they turn the lights on solid red at about 9 pm when it's still light out and you can't see them, then it finally gets decently dark on they're off at 10:45 pm.

Even if they had fixed all the broken ones they said they would, it's a fantastic waste of what was originally a pretty good idea.

106470618_161216292110292_6490674077173310485_n.jpg

source: www.instagram.com/p/CCG1zqgpSpz/

Back