Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Largest public art in North America.

22az0x.jpg

Special sneak preview of the Telus Sky light art installation happening tonight until 11pm with them artist supervising. Sounds like after tonight the lights will be off until the building opens. Check out this Twitter thread by @mikesbloggity’s for a bunch of videos and pictures.

Some of the program sequences look pretty great! I just wish they would slow down the tempo.....i might be alone on this but I think for an everyday things it's pretty frantic ?‍♂️

Amazing! Will the lights eventually be all the way to the top of the building? I noticed a few seemed to be not working. My only fear is that this may become like Arriva and suffer from broken LED’s. it would severely hurt the look and feel if there are broken LED’s.

Amazing! Will the lights eventually be all the way to the top of the building? I noticed a few seemed to be not working. My only fear is that this may become like Arriva and suffer from broken LED’s. it would severely hurt the look and feel if there are broken LED’s.
Yea hopefully they will get everything up and running by the time it is ready! It will indeed go all the way to the top; spanning the entire North and South faces.

I really hope they don't have problems with the LEDs in the future. There are so many as it's such a large building, if they have problems it could get costly.

Here is a daytime look at the LEDs from the Calgary Tower. When I think of the electrical connections and detailed work for each LED it's mind boggling how much has to be done for the whole building. I can't think of a building in Canada where they have done this much.

00-2018-04-18 035.jpg
00-2018-04-18 036a.jpg

00-2018-04-18 036.jpg

Back